On Thursday 1st March I woke up and checked my emails courtesy of my iPhone to see that I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. How blimmin’ gutted was I that I had to set off for several days away from that morning without my dear laptop. Of course I could have used my phone but there is no fun in writing long and creative posts on a titchy little bit of touch screen, really.
Well here I am, better late than never, full of excitement and bursting with pride, to gratefully accept my award :-) I am pretty blown away that I have been nominated as I never expected anyone to even read my blog when I started it, not to mention the fact that the person who nominated me, writes the most awesomely amazing posts and just keeps them coming and coming, her mind is clearly a realm crammed full of imagination and talent.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
*Accepts award and displays it proudly here*
*Leaves out Oscar-winning performance speech directed to family and the sort who don’t even know about my blog or have any desire to read it!*
Now here are my nominations, not in an order. These are all blogs I follow because they are unique, creative and make pretty-darned interesting reads. Admittedly I have only just started following some of them as part of my research for the nominations for this award, which has taken me a lot of time searching and reading and selecting the one’s I like the most. It’s a shame we can’t renominate the nominating blogger, else her blog would be in my list too.
- Bucket List Publications
- I Am Not Defined
- Lauren’s Crazy Adventure
- Becoming Me
- Sleeping should be easy
- swim until it ends
- 53 Weeks
- Speak Gossip
And now for 7 random facts about myself:
- I am secretly a Vampire.
- I absolutely can’t stand the taste of green cooked vegetables.
- I am covered in freckles, everywhere.
- My iPhone is now a formal extension of my left arm.
- I grew up with goofy teeth until at the age of 25 my dentist shaved them down for me in a matter of seconds, which could have saved me a lifetime worth of bullying.
- I am addicted to Pringles.
- I have a piglet soft toy and a voodoo teddy, called Eric.
That’s my award gratefully accepted and now I am off to let all my nominees know about the good news to brighten up their days as mine has been brightened too.